Prior to the purchase of a property, clients are advised by their solicitor or bank to have a pre-purchase survey completed on the property. A survey report reviews the general condition of a dwelling and highlights any problems that may arise. Survey Reports can affect the asking price of a property if a large volume of remedial/ repair work is required to be done. The report that we will prepare will typically be 25-35 pages long and will consist of key points or issues of interest or concern and pictures to emphasise the same.
We conduct surveys and produce reports from as little as €300. The reports are normally turned around in 3-4 working days from the date of the survey. We can also prepare next day surveys reports for an additional fee.
Our survey reports typically comment on;
- Location - weather conditions - Type and age of property - Accommodation
- Outbuildings and parking - Grounds and boundary - Garages and outbuildings - Building history
- Roof Exterior and coverings - Chimney stacks and flues - Gutters and downpipes - Main walls
- External joinery and glazing - External decoration - Internal walls - Floors
- Ceilings - Roof spaces - Fireplaces, flues and chimney breasts - Internal joinery
- Internal decoration - Ventilation - Dampness (if any) - Services
- Problematic Materials - Environmental Hazards - Summary of advice - Overall Opinion